Welcome to Dalmeny Bible Church!
We hope you can join us for the 2018 FEBC Convention, and we look forward to serving all who attend. This will be the 12th convention we have hosted.
The spiritual roots of Dalmeny Bible Church (DBC) go back to a fledgling group of immigrants from Mountain Lake, Minn., who met in a shed on the Fleming farm. Established in 1904, DBC remains a multigenerational congregation with the vision: Families and friends reaching out together as servants of Jesus Christ. Rev. Dennis Friesen has pastored our church for the past 13 years.
What to Visit
The City of Saskatoon, only 25 km away, offers opportunities for you to visit a number of attractions including the new Remai Modern Art, which the NY Times recently rated as a “must see” in Canada. Enjoy the many beautiful walking trails along the river, the golf courses, and the nearby Provincial Parks. Other sites include:
Thursday, July 12
Break out Sessions
CoWM: Mentorship Program Presentation
CoCP: Dave Cornelius “Modern Evangelism”
CoGP: Jean Barsness “Changes in Missions”
CoO: Steve Kroeker “Small Groups Made Simple”
More detailed schedule available here.
How Can You Serve the FEBC?
Our Fellowship dependent upon volunteers to staff the boards and commissions. How could you get involved to strengthen our churches? You can ask your church board to nominate you to serve on one of the following teams.
- Canadian Board of Directors oversees the vision and legal and financial matters of FEBC Canada
- US Board of Directors oversees the vision and legal and financial matters of FEBC USA
- The International Board of Directors coordinates the joint ministries of the Fellowship
- The Commission on Churches oversees the doctrinal purity of the Fellowship and assist churches with pastoral searches and candidate screening. It also provides conflict resolution for churches.
- The Commission on Church Planting develops policies and guidelines to assist local extension committees in church planting. It also provides some financial assistance.
- The Commission on Education oversees the Scholarship Trust Fund and encourages churches in their Christian Education efforts.
- The Commission on Global Partnerships helps churches improve their mission efforts and interacts with FEBC missionaries to encourage and assist them. The CoGP organizes mission work teams and supports various mission projects.
- The Commission on Outreach helps churches and pastors receive training for evangelism and outreach. And it suggests strategies and ideas to help churches promote the vision “so that the Gospel of Christ is proclaimed by every member of every church at every opportunity.”
- The Commission on Women’s Ministries seeks to strengthen the work of women in FEBC churches.
FEBC Convention Project: Recovering Lives for God
One Life Recovered
Lilly was saved and freed by the Lord Jesus in 2013 at age 46. Until then she didn’t want a personal relationship with God and only went to him during critical times. She lived for herself. As a result, she became a mother quite young, and both of her first two marriages were destroyed. She experienced the death of her loving husband, and then, as she became dependent on alcohol and drugs, her children were taken from her.
Her life began to change when members from the Kamishin Baptist Church visited her in a hospital for drug addicts. Among them was Serge Shishkin, a graduate of the Missionary Training School in Volgograd, who testified how Christ had freed him from narcotics.
After being discharged from the hospital, Lilly entered the Christian rehab center in the city of Shakhti. There she experienced real repentance and saw the light of God, his real unselfish love. From that time on she desired to tell all the people in her city of this love. When she returned home, her family also saw the change in her, and her mother turned to the Lord.
Lilly is always asking, “Lord, how can I serve? I have been saved for your purposes.” The Lord often puts her in circumstances where she can witness about Christ. She began serving in the very hospital where she was a patient. For the past three years she has active shared the good news of the salvation of Jesus especially to those who are addicted to alcohol and drugs.
From the moment of her repentance, the Lord gave Lilly a hunger to learn. And so eagerly accepted the opportunity to study at the Missionary Training School (MTS). The mix of theory and practical training helped her minister more effectively. After graduation, she married Pavel Pugin, who is now studying at the MTS. Their dream is to help addicted women and children find the freedom in Christ which they are experiencing.
You Can Help Recover Lives
You have the opportunity to partner with churches in Russia to create a holistic center to help women like Lilly who are trapped in addictions. FEBC Missionaries Jim and Olya Wiens are indirectly helping this ministry effort. The Fellowship hopes to provide $20,000 toward this four-year project. (Any gifts received above that amount will be distributed at the discretion of the FEBC International Board of Directors.) Although the full cost is estimated to be $67,200, local Russian believers hope to raise one-third of this amount.
Kamyshin, is the third largest city of the Volgograd Oblast with 110,000 people. A church has existed in this city since Soviet times and now has 45 members. Under the leadership of Pastor Alexander Pugachev, the church has been actively serving the city's youth, many of whom have various addictions. Such addictions have entrapped many men, women, and adolescents, causing many social problems and killing many.
We ask you to pray and to become partners to establish the Kamyshin Holistic Center (KHC) for women. Besides spreading the Gospel, it will also give practical help to hurting women and children. A center for men in our region is already successfully recovering lives, but there is no place for women. Since women are often accompanied by children in need, the proposed center will need to minister to children and teens as well.
The Vision of the KHC
You can give a tax-deductible gift through your church or give a tax-deductible gift directly to the Fellowship. Please designate the check for "Convention Project 2018."
PO Box 115
Langham, SK S0K 2L0
11605 W Dodge Rd Ste 3
Omaha, NE 68154-2566